Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

doug - Cabramatta hostel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Cabramatta Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doug

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject: doug - Cabramatta hostel Reply with quote

hi my name is Doug Watt, my family and i emigrated to Australia in 1963 to 1965, my sister was called Angela and my younger brother Geoffrey, but he was only a toddler.
lived at Cabramatta hostel and went to Cabramatta high, was only 13 at the time, so really was only a camp terror i expect lol.
i did a lot of fishing at the creek for eels, got up to a lot of things maybe i shouldn't have, only prankish things though , 13 year old stuff.
not very good at remembering names, incidents like being chased by frill necked and blue tonged lizards, are still fresh in my mind.
reading through the forums i have noticed the name Bobby Blair, who was there at the time we were, the name rings a bell, not sure if he is connected to one incident i do remember of a young lad who lost his thumb, climbing the gib of a crane down by the creek.. oh by the way we buried the thumb and made a cross for it.
would be nice to hear from anybody who remembers me, and go over the things we used to get up to, like the 3D cards from the cereal packs in the canteen.you will know what i mean if you were involved.lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Cabramatta Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: