Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Time

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> East Hills Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bjohn

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 1:25 am    Post subject: Time Reply with quote

Its been some time since I have had time to take a good look at the Forums
It is quite apparent now that we all are either getting to old to keep up with things or are starting to expire, it will be a shame when none of us are left.
The effort our parents put in to make a new start half way round the world will slowly disappear and that bit of history will be lost fore ever.
I know from my perspective they were all very brave to tackle the unknown. My brother and I came from the slums of the UK and both have built and run there own quite successful businesses, which I am certain we would never had such a chance in the UK. For mine I will be eternally grateful to both mum and dad and that both of my children live in what I believe to be the best country in the world.
we arrived June 61 father passed away 1975 aged 63 mum still going 92, has just entered a nursing home
george graham

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your story is a replica of mine ,I love this country and forever thankfull to my parents for coming here ,my oldest son went over and got photos of the house we were brought up in..looks ok but funny hls comments of his travels basicly all over the world ,he still says our homeland was the biggest dump in his travels ,no need to get upset ,thanks for your input...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> East Hills Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: