Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for Heathcote Rd. People

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Heathcote Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jim1954

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:46 am    Post subject: Looking for Heathcote Rd. People Reply with quote

I have not seen any messages from ex Heathcote Rd. Hostel people since January were are you all.
Norm Faint

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jim ..... 6 months in and out of hospital, once a month, 6 days at a time .......I did get news from somebody regarding my earlier concern looking for an old friend Pat (Patricia) Kelly ...... I believe was very sick with a brain tumor and only months left. Have heard nothing else since, checked all the possible face book sites, no luck there..... so I trust all is ok....What news from yourself ?
1954, Cabramatta Hostel from England aboard S.S.Strathaird, followed by Matraville, Marybrinong, Broadmeadows, Williamstown, Heathcote Road and Bunnerong (various moves as dad was later in '54 engaged as a Hostel Manager.
jimheard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for Heathcote Rd. People Reply with quote

jim1954 wrote:
I have not seen any messages from ex Heathcote Rd. Hostel people since January were are you all.

hello, my parents George and rose heard arrived Heathcote hostel,1955 my dad worked on the hostel with bill dransfield,i was only 6 months old at the time,the photo of the crouchers shows my mum with her arm around irene croucher,they were good friends
jim1954

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, My parents were on Heathcote hostel same time as your family , I remember your father working around the camp. He had a co worker Arthur Hill they used to do all the jobs around the place. I was nine years old in 1954. I had a great time on the hostel. My parents names were Alex and Winnie Robinson we lived in No. 45A ask your Mum if she knew them. I can still picture your father in his overalls and gum boots hosing out the toilets. Regards Jim Robinson
jimheard

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello jim, my mum remembers your lot
we lived at 49a
we went back to England in 1960
we stayed until 1962
we then went to Africa 1962
and we left Africa in 1964 and came back here to australia
my mum asked do you remember joe noalitiss [spelling !!!!!!!!]
jim1954

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim, I remember the Nolytis family , I knew the youngest daughter Irene. I think the father worked on the hostel. I knew Peter Croucher well and seen him last in the early 90,s he was a policeman , a detective in Liverpool. I think his parents lived in Glenfield area. Regards Jim Robinson
Hollander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello jimheard, I was friends with your brother George during your stay at East Hills Hostel in 1965. I remember you as well. You were only a little kid then. You used to get upset over that "Three Bells" song, the one about little Jimmy Brown and George would tease you about that.
Cheers
Ed Jonker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Heathcote Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: