Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

East Hills Hostel in 1962/63

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> East Hills Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ninette

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:27 am    Post subject: East Hills Hostel in 1962/63 Reply with quote

Hi. My name was Glynis Ross back in those days. My family- Mum Jean , Dad Maurice, me and my 2 sisters Elizabeth and Vivien lived on East Hills Hostel in 1962/63. I was school Captain at Hammondville East Primary but my family left for Brisbane part way through the school year.
I remember the Monica Schofield murder. The song Blue on Blue by Bobby Vinton was out at the time and whenever I hear this song I think of Monica, so sad. She was a little bit older than me.
I remember one of the Easybeats lived on the hostel near my Grandparents hut.
I remember lots of my friends...the Sandersons next door (Keith, Linda , Neil) Billy Guthrie, Rhona Beech,Suzanne McGinty to name a few...I also remember a lovely friend Fiona who moved off the hostel and I used to visit her.
We emigrated from Stockport England and came out on the Castle Felice through the Suez.
suzanne71

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Glynis.

I am at my daughter's house at the moment in Kent, England. It was lovely to find you finally. My daughter has found you on this site for me. I remember our friendship very well, which is why I have been looking for you. Then, we saw you mention me so it must be you!!!!

I remember our visits to the creek with our teddies in the pram, and going to the hostel jumble sale for clothes for our teddies and dolls. Happy memories. Very Happy
ninette

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that Suzanne McGinty?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> East Hills Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: