Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I lived in C27

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Other Hostels:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trude

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:54 am    Post subject: I lived in C27 Reply with quote

Hya I lived in C27 with my Brother Bern, step sisters Ann & Pat with Me Dad Frank Trude from 1967 -68 Dad broke his neck in a car crash and was plastered up like an egg and from waist to his head and still worked...I had lots of friends Ashwin, Vybren, scotty etc..I remember Sam the old night watch man who used to walk around with a loaded ww11 pistol of a night time,,,lots of good times I went to Oxley High school for a while and worked building our house at weekends (house still there) and had a crush on the lovely marilyn Dregmans from the hostel shop..
Didn't really fit ni at school and got expelled from Oxley and stayed at home and built a boat outside C27...Dad told me this was a trade off to keep me out of approved school.....I noted references to an MG seems lots of MG,sd around then but Berns mate Ron had an MG and he had a younger brother..Bern eventually returned to Southampton on the fated fairsea when the boilers blew up and the captain shot himself....I later returned on the Castel Felice..good haunting memories of tahiti where I got drunk (at 14) and cristobal and the Panama canal....I travelled on my own what an adventure....Steve
phil phil has been starred

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject: c 27 Reply with quote

did i miss which hostel you was at ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Other Hostels: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: