Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Berkley & Balgownie residents and/or managers .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward John Kelly Edward John Kelly has been starred

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Berkley & Balgownie residents and/or managers . Reply with quote

I am edward john kelly, son of Claude M. Kelly, who was area ( South Coast ) supervisor for CHL for quite a long time, and I was with CHL from 1953 to 1963 when I married and left CHL. My f ather was wellknown and respected in the Hostles on the South Coast, and he passed away in 1962, I am trying to contact residents and/or managers from that era. I am now retired and live in Warragul, Victoria 5 grown children and a wife who has put up with me for 44 years, so any replies, especially with 'photos, wuld be appreciated.
Len

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Edward, welcome to the forums and thank you for joining.
We share the same goals. I have created these forums in the hope that one day many ex-residents will gather here ,chat and share photo of their time in the good old days.

Phyl has already shared quite a few photos with us of her and her husband�s managerial time while with the CHL from 1954 � 1973.

Smile
Phyl Phyl has been starred
Respected Contributor:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Edward,
Welcome to the forums . I remember your father and would love to hear some of your stories . As Len said My husband was Tony Hobbs a Manager with CHL from 1954-1973. Do keep in touch.
More later. Very Happy
Edward John Kelly Edward John Kelly has been starred

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so pleased tp be a part of this " group" and if any one wishes to e-mail me, please do so, also I am on Skype ( a free telephone through your computer ) and my call sign is ( edward6691 ), so please keep in touch.
Phyl Phyl has been starred
Respected Contributor:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Edward,
We were in Wollongong at the same time your Dad was Superintendent , South Coast. In the Company Tidings in 1972 there is a group photo taken at a seminar at the Hotel and Catering Institute of N.S.W. taken 1960 or 61 .Your Dad is in that photo.
Doesn't this wonderful site bring back memories of all sorts . And our thanks are surely to Len. Very Happy sun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: