Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hi from Canada. Balgownie Hostel 1957

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Fairymeadow (Balgownie) Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dancewithmarg

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Hi from Canada. Balgownie Hostel 1957 Reply with quote

Nova Scotia to be precise.

I'm Marg, and my Mum, Dad, sister Brenda & I were in Balgownie Hostel from Jan 1957 till Dec 1958 (Had to get special permission to return to UK before our 2 yrs.were quite up.) So my main interest will be in the Balgownie forum. Everyone here seems to have been there later than we were, but maybe there's someone who will remember us.

Marg (nee Brown)
Len

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marg and welcome to our forums.
I was going to say �please don�t hesitate, feel free and join in� but you�ve already beaten me to it. I�ve just been reading one of your posts and you had me in stitches. Laughing

I hope for you that one day someone does stumble across these forums and remember you and your family, you never know because it�s a small world these days, especially with the internet etc.

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Fairymeadow (Balgownie) Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: