Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unanderra Hostel from 1961-1963

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Unanderra Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BeatrixD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject: Unanderra Hostel from 1961-1963 Reply with quote

Hi,

Just found this site as I am researching my family tree. My family were at the Unanderra Hostel from 1961-1963. There are six of us, mum and dad, 3 girls and 1 boy.

I don't remember much about Unanderra as I was only 4 at the time. My family are from Germany and we came out on the Castel Felice in 1961.

Does anyone know of a site that would give a list of people's names from the hostel? I have visited another site but my family's name was not on it. Very Happy
Len

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Beatrix
I�m sorry but the only suggestions I can make right now is perhaps have you tried the Wollongong City library? I contacted them a few years ago while searching for information about Unanderra hostel and the staffs were very helpful. They must have really gone out of their way to find what they did because I received quite a substantial package from them containing allsorts of useful photo copied information but unfortunately no resident�s listings.
Perhaps if you contacted them via their website they can advise you which way to go.
If you should find any useful links then let us know because others may also find them useful.

http://www.wollongong.nsw.gov.au/library/ask.html

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Unanderra Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: