Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Photos shared by the Brown family: Balgownie Hostel 1957

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Fairymeadow (Balgownie) Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Len

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Photos shared by the Brown family: Balgownie Hostel 1957 Reply with quote

These photos have been kindly shared with us by the Brown family.
Incidentally, Brenda and Molly 'Two of the young ladies below' have reunited after 50 years, having made contact again via our forums. Very Happy

tubemill2

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: yes i was there as well Reply with quote

great photos thank you very much
my mum showed me some photos of the time we were also at balgownie and I am sure one had a horse in it now I can put a name to it

balgownie 1959/60?
Tilburydocks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: Photos shared by the Brown family: Balgownie Hostel 1957 Reply with quote

Len wrote:
These photos have been kindly shared with us by the Brown family.
Incidentally, Brenda and Molly 'Two of the young ladies below' have reunited after 50 years, having made contact again via our forums. :grin:

Hi
I am pretty sure I know Brenda and he r siste rMargaret. I was 12 years old and at the Blgownie Hosel from 8th January 1957 until Deember, when my father found a job at Bell Bay in Tasmania. Brenda and Margaret had a horse. I rode hat horse a few feet bare backed. I had never been on a horse in my entire life. Since 1958 I have lived in Tasmania and I love it here. We came over from England on the Orontes. Does any of this sound fanmiliar. My siblings were Betty 15 dec, , Anne, Eddy, Goerge dec , Dawn, dec Myself aged 12.
Edie formerly Place
From London, England
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Fairymeadow (Balgownie) Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: