Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Live WebCam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Len

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:03 pm    Post subject: Live WebCam Reply with quote

If anyone is interested, there�s been a live webcam set up in the centre of my home town. It�s located in a shop window.
My home town is. Great Harwood, Lancashire.

studio25.viewnetcam

Once the page has loaded you may not get a picture right away, you may have to wait a small while and when prompted, install the ActiveX. Make sure your pop-up blocker isnt on when the page has loaded.

I live about a two minute walk away from the town centre.

Smile
Phyl Phyl has been starred
Respected Contributor:

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Len,
Think I may need Broadband for that and I am still on dial up Sad .However I shall google your hometown so I can see where you live. Smile
Len

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That surprised me, though everyone would be on broadband these days. Mr. Green

Smile
Phyl Phyl has been starred
Respected Contributor:

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Len,
Believe it or not parts of NZ can't get broadband and it is quite expensive too. One day I will try it. My family are always at me to have broadband. Smile Rolling Eyes
pelley

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes len im on nearly everyday every time im on the weathers always fine. i lived in harwood with the johnsons 26 james st. spent many a day in harod . im a claytoner know lots people there and a few in harod my uncle dont know if you rememberd taylors ice cream from rishton was allways selling in harod. good ices.miss clayton chippy, palatine cafe go there every trip backgood job your doing with the sight len.have to go cu
Len

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi John
I was neighbours with the Johnson�s for over 25 years. Sadly, (as I�m sure you�re aware) Frank and Dorothy passed away about 5 years ago. They were excellent neighbours. Frank couldn�t do enough for you. I�m still good friends with the rest of the family, more so with Mick. Ian has done quite a few jobs on my home as he, is a joiner and I now live next door to Wendy and John.

As its been said before, isn�t-it a small world these days.

I personally don�t remember the Taylor�s Ice cream van but I�m sure at some point, I�ll have sampled a few because you know what kids are like when they see an ice cream van. ( I want, I want, I want) Mr. Green

My father Len is also a Claytoner along with his brother Terry. Terry migrated To Au around 1968/ 69 and after travelling around he finally ended-up living in Springwood, Logan, Queensland. Terry passed away about 10/ 15 years ago due to a sudden brain Hemorrhage. I have a couple of photos of Terry on my other site. The link below should take you there. Which reminds me, I need to up-date that page.

http://www.migrantweb.com/unanderrahostel/terry/index.htm

Smile
jeanette

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i see in the forecast for today its due to snow so ill be keeping an eye out on the webcam...shame we dont go there in winter to see some but i think we would regret it...the cold would kill us sun
jeanette

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woohooo...just checked out the webcam and its snowing...great to watch..and here i am with the airconditioner on lol
Len

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it was snowing a bit this morning when I was setting off for work. It also came down fairly heavily this afternoon but it soon disappeared.
It�s funny, but the UK has had one of its coldest winters since quite a few years (with snow and ice etc). Yet, here in the North West, we seem to have missed all the snow, apart from the odd sprinkling etc.

It�s amusing really. If we get more than a couple of inch�s of snow then the country is virtually brought to a stand-still. Schools are closed, rail is brought to a halt, roads are closed etc etc. You wouldn�t think this was the case, especially from a country that�s expected (from time to time) to have a bit of snow etc Mr. Green

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: