Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you remember the Easybeats?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Naval Estate

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabulous read!! I too inhabited a lot of the hot spots mentioned...the Rivoli? in Hurstville used to jump. Cheers, Mick
ninette

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi. I was at East Hills at the same time as Snowy. I was younger only 10 years old at the time but I remember the lads were cute and friendly and used to talk to my Uncle and Grandad about cars. I remember them all arguing about something one day. They were known for making a lot of noise in the laundry when they were practising and the older people on the hostel didn't approve but I thought the sound was great. I was just becoming more aware of music and the Beatles had sparked my appreciation and love of the new sounds.
Naval Estate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninette wrote:
Hi. I was at East Hills at the same time as Snowy. I was younger only 10 years old at the time but I remember the lads were cute and friendly and used to talk to my Uncle and Grandad about cars. I remember them all arguing about something one day. They were known for making a lot of noise in the laundry when they were practising and the older people on the hostel didn't approve but I thought the sound was great. I was just becoming more aware of music and the Beatles had sparked my appreciation and love of the new sounds.

Sadly, we lost George Young this week...

George Redburn Young was an Australian musician, songwriter and record producer. Born in Scotland, he moved to Australia with his family as a teenager, and became a naturalised citizen.

Born: 6 November 1946, Glasgow, United Kingdom

Died: 22 October 2017

Height: 1.8 m

Music groups: AC/DC, The Easybeats (Since 1964), Vanda & Young, Flash and the Pan, Marcus Hook Roll Band (Since 1972)

Movies: Family Jewels
GuillermoC

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a sad news. He had a pretty interesting life I imagine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat: All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: