Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

my dad was a skip
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeanette

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi malcolm...i remember going to bradfield park primary...from memory there was a river near by to it..i went back to england around 73 with the parents...we lasted 12 months i think it was then came back to oz...couldnt handle it over there..so then came to perth where we have stayed since..i went back for a holiday 2 years ago and actually caught a train from ipswich to london...i have a friend who lives in felixstowe so we went down there for a week...we come from the north though...great harwood where len the organiser of this site happens to come from too..me my mum and sis are going back over there end of may but making sure we do the europe thing this time...oh and lots of bingo nights too lol
malcthemod

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jeanette...i think the river you were talking about is called lanecove...all us kids used to play there being 2 years younger than me you probely would of gone to school with my younger brother Noel...how strange that you went to felixstow what a small world will you be coming back this way this year...???
have you had a chance to ask your dad if he remembers any kids names from those day's...if you go on my post's i've just posted my school photo from 67...
look forward to hearing from you soon malc...
My names Malcolm Wilson i arrived in Australia in Dec '66 with my family margret,colin,martin and noel wilson. we spent time in Villawood then Bradfield park then finished our two years in burwood where we returned back to england in dec 68.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat: All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: