Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Our cat 'Misty'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phyl Phyl has been starred
Respected Contributor:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:57 pm    Post subject: Our cat 'Misty' Reply with quote

When we were transferred to Bradfield Park, second time ,we took with us our beautiful white cat 'Misty' We had been there a week when 'Misty' disappeared.We all went into mourning because after searching high and low for a week or so no sign of her. After a month we thought we would never see her again. But three months later I opened the back door and she walked in,thin and tired but present.We were overjoyed and wondered if she had tried to return to our former hostel East Hills.She returned To NZ with us in 1973 and lived out her life here. Very Happy
I forgot to mention she was stone DEAF. So maybe a mammoth journey... Cool
Len

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems a long time for a cat to disappear.
Whats the distance between the two hostels Phyl? Maybe she just got lost and couldnt find home. Mr. Green but I'm glad she did,

Smile
Respected Contributor:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Len.
It is a long way from East Hills to Bradfield Park.East Hills was on Heathcote Rd several miles out from Liverpool,whereas Bradfield Park was on the North Shore near Lindfield ,so miles apart. Where she was who knows but we were so happy to have her back. Very Happy
When we returned to NZ we bought a restaurant/takeaway diner not more than 3 miles from here in the next village and that is where Misty is buried.We had a house there too. Tony always wanted something like that .he loved food.I personaly hated it and hate cooking dare I say.I have a photo or two of 'Misty' taken at Dundas.Like many deaf white cats she could be cranky so....... and also she wasn't really young at that stage Amazing really Exclamation Exclamation
Catherine

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Len wrote:
Seems a long time for a cat to disappear.
Whats the distance between the two hostels Phyl? Maybe she just got lost and couldnt find home. Mr. Green but I'm glad she did,

Smile
That's funny Len
Len

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Catherine wrote:
That's funny Len

Oops, wasn�t meant to be. Trouble is, I�m a one finger typer and by the time I get part way though what I�m typing, I forget what I�m trying to say. lol but I'm sure you know what I mean. Embarassed I'm glad she came home.

I shall now go and stand in the corner with my head down for a while. hehe

Very Happy
Respected Contributor:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a problem Len .Lift your head and hop out of the corner. I know you are caring. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: