Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

David Dalrymple
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Cabramatta Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris whalley

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well hello to all the old hostelites and David Dalrymple in particular . What a nice surprise to find this forum and even a photie of myself with David Dalrymple
Lived on the hostel for 3 years knew heaps of people Dave Twentyman Owen Cadwallen Les Sykes Ray Sykes ...The Carters Dennis Jimmy and John........ Girls Dot Efremoff Carol Chambers Karen and Vivienne Knott Sandra .....? Alison Scots girl Helen Cowan ?
Mists of time memories like ghosts past
My sister Lorraine had friend like Jack Campell Married Jimmy Young friends with your sisters Janice and ? your sisters boyfriend gave me a drive of his Austin Healey sports car along the sands near Wollongong
I lived with your parents in Newtown when Iwas between flats (euphomism for being homeless ?)
Harry in the hostel shop,...... Me and Twentyman paid him a midnight visit
The GErman lady in the canteen was called Lotti a good sort kind and considerate
Old skip took us catching yabbies in the bush somewhere cooked em whilst we where all naked and swimmin in the heat (not Cabramatta creek)j
David Dalrymple David Dalrymple has been starred

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, well, well, what a blast from the past. Where the hell did you get to Chris. I heard a rumour that you went to England but nobody I know has seen or heard from you. Unfortunately I don't get on to this web site too often as you have probably gathered but great to hear you are alive and well. You can contact me on [email protected] if you get to see this message.
christine Makepeace

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lotty was the german woman, I remember her well. also remember the cheers in the canteen when someone dropped their dinner but the thingthat really sticks in my mind was the lunch packs, baked bean, hundreds and thousands sandwiches.
christine Makepeace
angela

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Cabramatta Hostel Reunion Reply with quote

Hi Chris my name is Angela Hodge (Watson twinnie) myself and Bev Cetin (Foote) are organising a reunion being held at Wests Leagues Club Campbelltown in April, would love to get in touch with Carole Chambers and Dot E would you have their emails they were good friends of mine, Carol attended my wedding and Dot lived close by, Bev has told me she as been in touch with you any chance of you coming to reunion ??
hope to get a reply from you soon
regards Angela Smile
chris whalley

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Cabramatta Hostel Reunion Reply with quote

angela wrote:
Hi Chris my name is Angela Hodge (Watson twinnie) myself and Bev Cetin (Foote) are organising a reunion being held at Wests Leagues Club Campbelltown in April, would love to get in touch with Carole Chambers and Dot E would you have their emails they were good friends of mine, Carol attended my wedding and Dot lived close by, Bev has told me she as been in touch with you any chance of you coming to reunion ??
hope to get a reply from you soon
regards Angela Smile

Hi Angela
Not sure if my reply will get to you Dots e mail address is [email protected] She will get Carol Chambers to you
Regards
Chris
chris whalley

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

christine Makepeace wrote:
Lotty was the german woman, I remember her well. also remember the cheers in the canteen when someone dropped their dinner but the thingthat really sticks in my mind was the lunch packs, baked bean, hundreds and thousands sandwiches.
christine Makepeace

Hi Christine
I think that you used to live next door on the hostel ? babysat my sister Loretta ?
Or perhaps it was your sister Linda ?
Sorry love memory alcohol life etc
Chrisi
angela

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:25 am    Post subject: cabramatta hostel reunion Reply with quote

Thanks Chris for your reply being trying to find Carole for awhile, fingers crossed regards Angie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Cabramatta Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: