Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fairsky & East Hills Hostel. 1965 - 1967

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> East Hills Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olly Olly has been starred

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:01 am    Post subject: Fairsky & East Hills Hostel. 1965 - 1967 Reply with quote

Hi everyone.
My sister found this site and passed it on to me and I've spent the last couple of hours browsing through and having a great time tripping down memory lane!

My family arrived on Boxing Day 1965 from the Fairsky. We were taken to the hostel in a minibus and I remember thinking Australia was a dead hole as the streets were deserted and it was raining. Obviously being boxing Day everyone was at home with their families or on holidays hence the lack of life.
The family was Bryan & Pat English with daughters Teresa (17), Olwyn (11), Yvonne (6) and Wendy (18months) and we lived in 126A which was beside the road.
Yvonne went to Hammondville Primary and I went East Hills Girls High.
Mum was a cleaner in Hammondville Nursing Home, Dad was a printer with the Telegraph and Teresa worked in the Commonwealth Bank.

Cheers
Olly
Len

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Olly
Welcome to our forums and thanks for joining us. wave

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> East Hills Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: