Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

East Hills Hostel plans. National Archives of Australia.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> East Hills Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Len

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:11 pm    Post subject: East Hills Hostel plans. National Archives of Australia. Reply with quote

These plans are officially held by National Archives of Australia.
So to be able to see a more clear and more informative plan of this hostels site then please visit the National Archives of Australia.

Richard, can you tell us how to search for these plans on the National Archives of Australia's site.

Smile
richardhallford richardhallford has been starred

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:46 am    Post subject: Searching on the NAA for Migrant Hostel Layout Drawings Reply with quote

To find the East Hills layout drawings on the National Archives of Auststralia, do the following:- 1. Log on to the NAA http://www.naa.gov.au/ 2.click on Recodsearh, on the top rhs. 3. Click on "Search now as guest" 4. In the "keywords" box, type "East Hills Hostel" 5. As of today, 54 Items will be found in the database. Click on the "display" button. 6. Once the list of items is displayed, click on the sort order radio button marked "Digitised images first " 7. Scroll down to you see the Layout drawings of several migrant Hostels. The barcode marked on the drawings is 3354383. 8. click on "View digital copy" on rhs. 9. A new window will open with a copy of the drawings. Simply right mouse and "save target as". 10 Advance through each drawing as appropriate. Note: Once initially paid for (and these have been) they are then free to the public.Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:49 am    Post subject: Documents ordered from the NAA re East Hills Hostel Reply with quote

Please note, I have ordered copies of documents barcode number 1091785, and I will anounce when they are available also. Dont waste your money, I already paid for them and they will be free once initially done. Regards, Richard.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:01 am    Post subject: My Nissan Hut Reply with quote

I lived in 81D and 83d Nissan Hut. Sandra Antouny (ne paterson) lived in the other end of the Hut in 81a and b (big family), but a few years before me. Anyone else remember the hut number?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Layout Drawings joined Reply with quote

Tks for putting them together Len, saves me doing it. Im going to make an effort to embelish that drawing. eg, the soccer field, the shop, the laundry, the nursery (both of them) etc.
Turns out that Marion Gilbert also stayed in Nissan 83 as well! Few years different though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> East Hills Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: