Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Families I remember from Altona Hostel
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Altona Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olwen Olwen has been starred

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susan Gillet wrote:
The Frosts, yeah I remember them. They moved to Braybrook too, about 8 houses down the street from us. Don't know where they are now though. Susan was going out with a Braybrook boy name Philip LeSeur (not sure of the spelling) who I had a crush on. They were pretty serious, but I don't know if they got married. Lyn and I were friends, but lost contact when I left home to go nursing.

Lynn Frost is living in Caroline Springs....We saw her on a Delfin Homes advertisement on TV sometime ago.

Your mum
Olwen Olwen has been starred

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susan Gillet wrote:
The Frosts, yeah I remember them. They moved to Braybrook too, about 8 houses down the street from us. Don't know where they are now though. Susan was going out with a Braybrook boy name Philip LeSeur (not sure of the spelling) who I had a crush on. They were pretty serious, but I don't know if they got married. Lyn and I were friends, but lost contact when I left home to go nursing.

Hi Susan....Lyn Frost lives in Caroline Springs. We saw her on a Delfin Homes advertisement on TV some time ago.

Mum
stribe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember Susan Frost, not a real lot but I have a feeling it will all come back to me at some time. We used to go to a Dance in Braybrook or Sunshine somewhere like that on a Friday Night, it may have been after I left the hostel.
caroline caroline has been starred

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Smile Smile I bumped into Sue Frost at Altona gate a few months ago, I think she is living around the altona area, I first met Sue on the Queensland hostel. we moved back to Melbourne, then the Frosts moved to Melbourne,I think I've got it right, carol would remember.xx
Susan Gillet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the second time Lyn has been on telly then, the first time was when we were both on Blind Date in our teens.

I remember going to a dance in Sunshine on Friday nights too, that's where I first saw Tony Worsley and the Blue Jays.
Susan Gillet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

caroline wrote:
Smile Smile Smile I bumped into Sue Frost at Altona gate a few months ago, I think she is living around the altona area, I first met Sue on the Queensland hostel. we moved back to Melbourne, then the Frosts moved to Melbourne,I think I've got it right, carol would remember.xx

You got it right Caroline. Smile
stribe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw Tony and the blue jays there too, I also saw him in Caloundra where he lives, he has a music theatre in the main street, he is as fat as he is round, his place is called Velvet Waters after his hit song, I took mum to see him and she got drunk and danced all by herself on the dance floor that mum dance they do with there hands, she looked so funny, I had to put her to sleep in the car as she was getting a bit too embarrassing for me, Roland didnt think so but then she wasnt his mum was she, the other people were very unhappy about me putting her in the car and telling her to go to sleep
stormfour stormfour has been starred

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Susan I used to go to those dances with you,remember when we lived in that flat over the top of that milk bar in Sunshine Ave,I remember sitting in the window seat and singing Tar & Cement..very apt song for the situation really,Lynette Frost,oh the fights we used to have Rolling Eyes
Susan Gillet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Carol, I most certainly do remember going to the dance with you, and singing and dancing in your flat, and the way we would make frothy coffee well before we knew what a cappucino was, lol. I also remember your Linda cutting your hair, and me wanting mine cut the same way, even though yours was wavy and reasonably thick, and mine was very straight and thin. Mum had a fit when I got home, haha. As for Lyn Frost, she was certainly feisty, and we had some pretty good fights too. We hadn't really become friends while we were on the hostel, and it was only when you came back to Sunshine and they had moved in up the street from us that Lyn and I became friends. She cracked the shits with me over something and basically never spoke to me again. Would have been about 18 or so at that time, and we had been talking about trying to get into the air hostess school. I think I decided against it, and that's what cheesed her off.

Pat, I can well imagine the disappointment of the other people in the club when you took away their entertainment. hehe
stormfour stormfour has been starred

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its funny you should mention that frothy coffee ,I was thinking about it a couple of weeks ago when I was making a cup for my husband ( which is a very rare occasion ),and I was stirring the coffee at the bottom of the cup,and do you think I could get that thing right..no way,I reckon they have done something to the coffee ,it just doesn't work anymore !!
Susan Gillet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed that too as I also tried it a few weeks ago. lol Great minds and all that.
caroline caroline has been starred

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another family comes to mind the Stephenson's there was Jimmy, he was friends with my brother,and he had an older brother Bobby, who was killed not far from the hostel on kororoit creek road, he was riding his motorbike at the time, I can remember everyone being in shock
stribe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:24 am    Post subject: Anyone know me (pat heaney) Reply with quote

At last someone knows me, I was getting a bit worried that I wasnt the least bit e memorable. I am sitting with Doreen Griffin at her house right now, I have brought the laptop with me as she doesnt have a computer, she is getting a good old laught at the photos and all the forums on the site, it is all coming back to us now ((I think there is a song by that name)
stribe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone remember the Wheelers, there was Norma, Tric and the youngest who I have forgotten, they went to live in Werribee, there mother was always in bed, they used to run around with the Griffin's
eileen eileen has been starred

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you found our Doreen. wish i could have seen her face when she saw all the photo's. bet it brought some memories back for her.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Altona Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: