Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Photos shared by Jan Lardner : Bradfield Park Hostel 1968

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Bradfield Park Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Len

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Photos shared by Jan Lardner : Bradfield Park Hostel 1968 Reply with quote

These photos have been kindly shared by Jan Lardner.
They are of the Wright family at Bradfield Park Hostel. 1968

Quote:
Anne, me and Shirley

Quote:
Anne an me

Quote:
Anne and Shirley

Quote:
Anne, Shirley and me

Quote:
Canteen

Quote:
Child Minding Centre

Quote:
Glen and me

Phyl Phyl has been starred
Respected Contributor:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great photos Jan, so many with the notice boards telling where it is .We were there in 1971.the year the hostel closed.Also was there for awhile in 1960 Smile
Jan Wright Jan Wright has been starred

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:54 pm    Post subject: Photos Bradfield Park Reply with quote

Thanks Phyl, we were being a bit silly as you can see but I wanted to try to take photos from all over the hostel to remember it as it was my last week and I didn't want to go back. Don't know why we gave the food a thumbs down though as I think we quite liked it really. mind you I regularly had chips and gravy for dinner, unhealthy but nice......

I liked your photos too. Those were the days!

This forum has really brought back the memories Laughing

Best wishes

Jan

Bradfield Park May 1966 - June 1968
Skipadood

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Photos Bradfield Park Reply with quote

Jan Wright wrote:
Thanks Phyl, we were being a bit silly as you can see but I wanted to try to take photos from all over the hostel to remember it as it was my last week and I didn't want to go back. Don't know why we gave the food a thumbs down though as I think we quite liked it really. mind you I regularly had chips and gravy for dinner, unhealthy but nice......

I liked your photos too. Those were the days!

This forum has really brought back the memories Laughing

Best wishes

Jan

Hi Jan My name is Peter Holroyd the photo of you and glen, is that Glenis Holroyd, if so that was my sister. We were there around that time, have
tried contacting you via facebook. Hope you get this. thanks and regards
Peter [Skip] Holroyd.
Jan Wright Jan Wright has been starred

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 3:31 pm    Post subject: Jan Wright Photos of bradfield Park Reply with quote

Hi Peter I can't believe that it is you. I am so excited as I have tried to find you on Facebook for ages. I did get a friend request from you but wasn't sure if it was Glen's brother Peter so I did reply asking the question rather than just accept. I will go in shortly and accept if it is still on there or send you a request. Do you know that awful day is still one of the worst days of my life and I have never forgotten Glen. She was just the best friend ever and I can see her face like it was yesterday! I will contact you on Facebook and we can catch up. Best wishes, Jan

Bradfield Park May 1966 - June 1968
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Bradfield Park Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: