Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Photos shared by sagittarius : Altona Hostel 1964-65
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Altona Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eileen eileen has been starred

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was. I too think my mum would have loved this site. I still can't believe i am able to be in contact with all these people after all this time. I know you have kept in touch with Doreen and Nora but as for saying hello to the Gillets after all this time. never thought i would have been able to do that again. brilliant web site.
Olwen Olwen has been starred

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eileen, Yes it is sad that so many of the older ex residents are now gone. Pat Heaney's granddaughter went out with one of my grandsons for quite a while and actually lived together for a time but things didn't work out. Her name was Jayella.

There also appears to have a few ex residents living in Werribee but I don't think would be able to recongnise any of them now after all these years. Maybe we will meet up at the reunion, let's hope so.

Regards Olwen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Eileen, Yes it is sad so many of the parents have passed away, it would have been so nice to catch up with them as we have with the kids. A few of families live in Werribee. as I have read on here, but I would not know any of them now but maybe we can meet up with them at the reunion.
I remember the Youngs and the McManus's. Remember the McManus boys singing "Puff the Magic Dragon" and "The Unicorn."

Regards OLwen
stribe

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:49 am    Post subject: altona hostel 1964-1965 Reply with quote

Olwen, my only grandchild is 18 months old, Jayella was mums grandchild, Margaret Heaney, Jayella is Richard my brothers eldest daughter, she is at last in a happy relationship as she has a few problems and we all worry about her. Mum would remember everything if she was alive and I just wish she had never smoked a cigarette as she died of lung cancer from many years of smoking

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:54 am    Post subject: Re: altona hostel 1964-1965 Reply with quote

[quote="stribe"]Olwen, my only grandchild is 18 months old, Jayella was mums grandchild, Margaret Heaney, Jayella is Richard my brothers eldest daughter, she is at last in a happy relationship as she has a few problems and we all worry about her. Mum would remember everything if she was alive and I just wish she had never smoked a cigarette as she died of lung cancer from many years of smoking[/quote

Of course Pat your mum was Margaret, got mixed up Laughing When Jayella was going out with Travis I was hoping that your mum and I would have met up at some time, but it wasn't to be. Travis has still got the staffie dog that they bought together, it is a lovely dog.
Yes smoking was not a healthy passtime, I also smoked very heavy but gave it up more that 20 years ago and up to now has not left any great ill effects.
Keep well Pat and maybe one day we shall meet up....Regards Olwen
Gwen Ripper

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Pat! Very Happy
stribe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: Another blast from the pst Reply with quote

Does anyone remember Anne Acton Gwen
Just reminded me of her, I remember her well
If anyone remembers her let me know
marieskindl

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the wee girl on the left is my sister, Jane Mackie, looks a lot like her and she would have been about 10 years old at the time. If I knew how to post pictures here I would post one that is similar. thanks so much for putting up, does anyone still read the site? Linda
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Altona Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: