Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

east hills high

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> East Hills Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
muffin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: east hills high Reply with quote

hi every one,all i hear is that evey one had such a good time at that school i wish i could say the same,i had two weeks of misery at least think it was two weeks could be longer,i could not speak english very well at the time ,if any,it was a waste of time for me to be there at all,i had this teacher called miss casey,who made my life a misery there,even do i could not understand,i was not stupid,i used to go home crying i hated it there so much,believe it or not my mum got permision of the department of education for me to leave school,so i stayed home,my memories of that time was my self and my dog,i used to go swimming with him in williams creek i had no friends because of the language barrier there were not many dutch people i recall,any way if you are still alive miss casey i would like to see you rot in hell
Jarmo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all you people who used to live in the hostels near East Hills. My hostels experiences were in 1959 at Bonegilla, Woodside and Glenelg. We relocated from Adelaide to Sydney early 1961,eventually settling in Panania in 1962. Being from a migrant family I visited East Hills, Heathcote Rd and Villawood hostels countless times. Going to East Hills Boys High 1967-1971 I had many friends who lived in the hostels. It's great to hear about all your experiences.
I'm curious as to the time frame that muffin briefly attended East Hills Girls High. In either '69 or' 70 I had anhistory teacher by the name of Miss Casey. She was a big woman and not particularly nice. She was known by us boys as horse. I remember oct.1 that year (all horses have a birthday) the class stood up and sang happy birthday. We never saw her again after that day. Pretty crass thing to do but boys will be boys. I just wonder if your Miss Casey and our Miss Casey are one and the same.
muffin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:59 am    Post subject: miss casey Reply with quote

hi jarmo, i was there in 65,for a little while it sounds like her ,because this one was big and a real bitch,i never got over this,she was mean,in those days it was not easy for a migrant, especialy for a non english speaking but in the hostel there where nice people,we where there fora a year i think,and thank you for your reply
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> East Hills Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: