Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help required and nervous.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
89colen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:55 am    Post subject: Help required and nervous. Reply with quote

hello i am not one of the following australians that accommodated in hostels i am only youngin at 20 but my grandparents were they moved out there just 2 weeks before christmas with there son and daughter and my nanny expecting her 3rd daughter. they then went on to concive 3 more children. my grand parents names are charlie (charles) and june cole and the name of there 6 children are lorena peter paulette grayham jancie athony (tony)

now you may wounder why i am on this site well when my grandparents decided they wanted to return home to england my uncle tony did not come as far as i know he said he was popping to the shops but he never returned so my grandparents came back to england with only 5 children, we have never heard from tony...there is so many things he need to know about his parents and hear all about his neaces and nephews he has never met.

im hoping by posting on this site that it may bring us closer to fineding him as its been a long time since hes seen his brothers and sisters...if you need anymore info i will try and find itout for you but if those names sounds familiar please let me know even better yet if you knew tony!

thank you very much and i will stop typing for now lol x
GinaKate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello 89 colen, If you know the name of the hostel to which they were assigned, and also the year they arrived and returned to UK that might be of assistance.
None of the names are familiar to me but we do have Phyl, who was the wife of one of our managers, and so moved around quite a bit and might have known the family.
An interesting story though, just how old was Tony when he set off for the shops never to return? And I take it there has been no contact since that day. Good luck with your search anyway, and if you do manage to locate him let us all know, I love a good mystery.
Phyl Phyl has been starred
Respected Contributor:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 89Colen,
I wish I could say I remember your grandparents ,but sadly I don't.As GinaKate says it would be a good idea to name the hostel they lived on and maybe someone will remember them.
I wish you well in your search .Sad Tony has not made contact,rather a mystery.
Len

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Colen
Welcome to our forums and good luck with your search, you�re more than welcome here.
You never know Anthony Tony Cole may one day search his name and fined these posts. It�s a long shot but you never know.
stormfour stormfour has been starred

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Colen
I hope you don't get offended ,but what a strange story,your uncle just going to the shops and not coming back,and them returning to England without him!
Anyway I lived on Altona Hostel in Melbourne and there was a family by the name of Cole there at the same time.I remember them as we used to joke with our name being Myers and them Cole's.They were the names of the 2 biggest department stores in the city at the time,for any one who lived on Altona at that time they lived near the Brydens I think.
89colen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey all i am very gratefull for your replys!

i will get on to my family for a bit more detail and will post it on here once i have it all for you =]

i know it sounds odd about his dissapearance but as far as im aware that was just tony for you, there was an argument between and my nanny i think and he refused to move back to englad...not shure the ins and outs but i really do hope he sees this or anyone that knows of him or anything
cause it brings us that bit closer!

thank you all again!!!

muchly appreciated!!!

love
natalie
89colen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi again just got this bit of info of my cousin!

In December 1953 they sailed to Australia they arived there on 22/12/53 were a week later my nan gave brith to my aunty on 31/12/1953
my grandad was sponcered to go out there,
they came back to england in the 1973.

im awaiting on a reply to find out on where they stayed etc

many thanks again!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: