Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ANDY LOGAN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Altona Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oceania

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Carol Very Happy How nice to hear from you and what a buzz to be chatting to you again after soooo many years. Yes I will be keeping Jack informed as he does not go on the internet and I'm sure he will come to the reunion Thanks also for the info on the reunion God forbid if I had turned up a day late lol. Your brother Cliff was already in 2nd form when I started at willy tech and he was a great mentor to me in those days and had my total respect. I do hope you can get him to sign on as the last time I saw Cliff was when he came to the hostel one night and my old man gave him a lift into Sunshine and we got lost on the way home and it took us hours to get back lol. I have never forgotten him. For some strange reason I was under the impression that Cliff sayed he was going to New Zealand to live would that be right? as you say he is now in England. Cheers Carol Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
nails nails has been starred

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Andy
Nice to have you on the forum I am Linda Myers Cliff's older sister Doreen Griffin was my best friend in England and on the hoste,l I don't remember you but you are a couple of years yonger, that is probably why, Doreen and I are now 60, boy how the years have flown and like you my memory is not to good, I ask our Carol all the time she remembers things alot more than I do, anyway looking forward to meeting up with you again at the reunion
Regards Linda
stribe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:28 am    Post subject: Doreen Reply with quote

Andy, I always remember Doreen being a bit that way, also Linda, I was scared of her, Doreen is nothing like that now, she is actually the very opposite, very quiet, doesnt say boo to anyone, like a little mouse, I hope I am not sounding derogatory as I love her, she is funny and really really nice. Nora is great too, nowhere near as quiet as Doreen thou and a real laugh, there mum was great too. Our Rhona still lives in Altona, behind my dads fancy woman (as mum would put it) Mum would turn in her grave if she knew where Rhona Lives, she lives almost accross the road from Janet, but there paths dont cross that much. I am picking Doreen up tomorrow as a matter of fact she has some scans to be done at Robina, right opposite the new Football stadium they built, Linda is coming up to watch the storm play in April, and we are hoping to catch up, well we are positive we are going to catch up.

Doreen and Nora don't get onto the internet, they don't have computers etc, but I will take my laptop with me tomorrow when I pick her up for the hospital now that you are on board so she can see the posts, she will love it
oceania

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Linda Very Happy Great to hear from you, it has been a long time thats for sure. But as they say time travels fast when your having fun. I too can just remember you and as you and Doreen where close then we probably did not have a lot to do with each other, as I guess we tended to stick to our own lot back then. I do remember going on the trips to eastern beach and ice skating at St Kilda and from memory you and Doreen acted as sheperds getting us on and off the bus and made sure we did not get left behind, I'm I right in saying that or maybe my memory is not that good any. Anyway I await the reunion with anticipation and it will be fantastic to see you all once again. I have gone through some photo albums I have and have only got one photo taken from the grandstand overlooking the hostel. I have more but when mum died they went to get copied by my brother Jim and siser Audrey and I have not seen them since. I will get in touch and see if they still exist and get them on the site Cheers Linda Take care and thanks for getting in touch Andy Very Happy
oceania

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pat Well hows that Rhona in Altona and I would have never known it, and living near Janet. I may be wrong but was'nt Rhona closer to my age? I can remember Nora very well and she was always good fun to be with. I remember I interupted her and Phillip Marsh having a pash on the back beach in the bushes. lol I stumbled in looking for Phil to go for a swim and embarresed myself and them, lol I think Nora got serious with a guy called Alan who lived in Newport and had a job as a spray painter he used to show me his finger tips worn away from sanding cars. I will get some photos organised and get them on here asap. Chat to you later Cheers Andy
caroline caroline has been starred

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool Cool Cool how cool is this,hiya Andy have been reading the posts, you remember a lot better than me lol, my brother Danny was friendly with Jimmy Stevenson who had an older brother Bobby, is it the same one's that you remember?I can't remember you ever getting in, trouble,you were always so shy,I am really getting excited about the reunion,talk to u soon xxx
stribe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At last someone mentioning Phillip Marsh, I think he went to live in Melton, I went out with him as well, after I left the hostel I used to go back for a visit and he would walk me all the way home, that was a long way to walk, I would love to know where he is and what he is up to. I will mention to Nora you remembering that, she will get a laugh out of it, they are both so looking forward to the reunion

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing OOOOO I remember the ice skating at St Moritz, Andy just jogged my memory, you know I think we all toughned up on the hostel, we had to or we would have had a terrible time at school, that is also one thing I remember when you picked on one of us at the girls school you picked on all of us,. Do you all remember when we went to the ice skating we would then nick over to LUNA PARK lollol, one of the boys with us one of the times made all the wee boats stop in the tunnel of love, still don't know who did it, to this day. lol lol xxx
stormfour stormfour has been starred

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linda and I were talking about this the other day,I said about nicking over to Luna park and the beach ( for a pash) but she doesnt remember all that ( poor cow) mind you she seems a bit deluded that she was perfect back then ho ho ho but I am sure most of us who knew her well would say a bit different Hey Doreen???
I loved going ice skating,Caroline I have a picture somewhere of My Mum and Dad your Mum Me and I think Olwen on the ice,I think that is the night that Olwen fell and banged her head on the ice and we all had to be quiet on the bus going home.
Cliff's daughter is here at the moment for a holiday and she is getting strict instructions before she goes home,to invade Cliff's house when she gets back and grab all his photos that he has from the hostel and email them to me!! they were the ones my Mum had and there are some good ones too.
Olwen Olwen has been starred

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stormfour wrote:
Linda and I were talking about this the other day,I said about nicking over to Luna park and the beach ( for a pash) but she doesnt remember all that ( poor cow) mind you she seems a bit deluded that she was perfect back then ho ho ho but I am sure most of us who knew her well would say a bit different Hey Doreen???
I loved going ice skating,Caroline I have a picture somewhere of My Mum and Dad your Mum Me and I think Olwen on the ice,I think that is the night that Olwen fell and banged her head on the ice and we all had to be quiet on the bus going home.
Cliff's daughter is here at the moment for a holiday and she is getting strict instructions before she goes home,to invade Cliff's house when she gets back and grab all his photos that he has from the hostel and email them to me!! they were the ones my Mum had and there are some good ones too.

Oh god, do Iremember that night, Iwas just having my last skate around before leaving for the bus, down I went, saw stars and must have really knocked myself out, when I came round I was in the first aid room. I ended up in Footscray hospital the next day for four hours suffering concussion quite bad. The trip home on the bus was dreadful, being wet through and having such a headache, it seem to take hours. But I survived to tell the tale.....Never went ice sakting again I might add. Sad
oceania

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi again all Yes thats right Phil Marsh moved to Melton just before we moved to Laverton. As a matter of fact I used to hitchhike up to Melton to visit him and about a year later boarded with them for 12 months. Phil started secretly seeing the girl next door Glenys Ditchfield and before long married her as she fell into the family way. Her old man was going to throttle Phil but he came around after awhile. They are still married, had 2 kids I think, moved bact to the UK for a while and the last I heard where over Dandenong way. Thats how I met my wife, she used to live directly behind Phil and the same thing happened with us (the family way thing) and in them days if you remember if you got a girl pregnant the honorable thing to do was get married so I did on Anzac day 1970 I was all of the tender age of 18 and had 3 kids by the time I was 21 lol. God it was hard back then but we always got by somehow. My memory of Luna park was of the managers daughter Gaynor she was a blond girl and took a shine to me and we had some great times there. Chat soon xxAndy
stribe

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone down there do a search for Phillip Marsh in Dandenong, there are so many off suburbs in and around these places now I wouldnt know where to start, could you andy look it up in the white pages, I might be seeing suburbs that are nowhere near Dandenong, I would love to catch up with him again, he also went out with Doreen, se he definately got around, the stud he was.
oceania

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I have had a look in the phone book with no luck, but I know where Jimmy Minto lives in Bacchus Marsh and I will go and see him to let him know about the website and see if he has any info on Phillip I still have another week of holidays to go and I will get back to you if I come up with anything Very Happy
oceania

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Jimmy Minto Reply with quote

I found Jimmy Minto Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy He is still in Bacchus Marsh and I have just been on the phone to him and let him know about the website and the reunion Cheers Andy Smile

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Smile Smile Thats great news about Jimmy Minto, Andy. I remember Gaynor, she was a real pretty kid. xxx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Altona Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: