Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ANDY LOGAN
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Altona Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caroline caroline has been starred

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:44 am    Post subject: ANDY LOGAN Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Hiya everyone. I found ANDY LOGAN,Ihave emailed andy and given him this website, he is really interested in the reunion xx
stormfour stormfour has been starred

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH MY GOD Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
caroline caroline has been starred

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Susan Gillet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, wow. I rang a few Logan's but had no luck. So great that you've found one of them. So now that's the Westhead's and the Logan's. We still need McQuade, McMannus, Young and Eaton to name a few.
oceania

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everybody. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Thanks to Caroline getting in touch with me (out of the blue) I have been guided to this site, so yesterday and today have been spent sorting out a few probs with getting registered so here I am, and I must say from the start I have been over the moon to read all the familar names and look at all the photos and postings. It certainley brings memories flooding back. Caroline also informed me re the reunion and from what I can gather it is Anzac day at the park oppisite Willy beach where the bbqs are on the foreshore, I am correct? if not could someone let me know please as I would like to attend. I have also been in touch with my brother Jack and he may have something to contribute as he has a better memory the me (coz he,s younger ok and therefore is alzheimers is not as advanced as my own lol)on names and faces etc. only trouble is he does not go on the internet looking forward to chatting with you all Take Care Andy Laughing (the cute shy one) Embarassed lol
stribe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:35 am    Post subject: Andy Logan Reply with quote

I know this will not come as a surprise to anyone who has been following my links on this site, but surprise surprise, I was madly in love with Andy Logan, he played sports for the club and he played at Brooklyn hostel once, and the lift for us to go back was ready to go, but I missed it because I was busy gazing at Andy Logan, will never forget it, I had to walk all the way home.
stribe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOps hadnt read Andy's thread just read CArolynes and jumped straight in, how embarrassing is that, trust me, probably doesnt even remember me do you Andy, Pat Heaney ring any bells at all.
oceania

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Stribe Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Embarassed Sorry I do not have access yet to any profiles but I do remember you from all you have posted and I had no idea you were keen on me and please do not be embarrassed as I said in my last post it is really good to be taking all these trips down memory lane. Yes I remember Pat Heaney and her brother Richard and in fact I had a crush on Pat but I think at the time she was out of my leaque and played with older boys and I was never going to get a look in. I also seen posted refrence to Anne and Janet Shaw and Janet was my first true love but then she went to the IK and we lost touch. The last time I was in contact with Anne and Janet was back in the 70's at a fund raiser at Myrniong Hotel. Janet was just remarried I think. Cliff Myers is someone I remember vividly as he showed me the ropes on my 1st day at willy tech and I got into the biggest punch up of my life with a third former at the first recess. Cliff had seen me get picked on because my tie was not straight so he got me to go back over towards the bully after he pulled my tie back out with the instuctions to go for the head Andy I can tell you my legs where shaking but it worked and so my reputation as a hard man began. That advice from Cliff led to me never being in another scrap at that school as I was treated as one of those mad Scots kids that could handle himself. Thanks for getting back to me Kind regards Andy Very Happy Very Happy
oceania

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Pat Surprised Surprised so it is you after all I have been doing a bit more looking into this site and getting a handle on how it works and what buttons to push and was able to see that you are up in Queensland you lucky girl...... Very Happy I can remember visiting your mum and dad when you moved to altona just off civic parade and your dad was real chuffed for me when he knew I was working local as a bricklaying apprentice Funny how you remember all this stuff and the memories of that great time come flooding back.

Regards for now Andy
Susan Gillet

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's so great when a new person finds our threads and joins in. Andy and Pat, I've really enjoyed reading this thread, and it just goes to show how we can miss opportunities as kids, lol.
stribe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You willhave toexcuse this typing I am too excited to Waite till I can get to acomputer so I am sat in a coffee shop on my newIphone and I am not very good at it yet, So excited about Andy couldn't read post to well because of small screen but have to tell him I am still closeto Anneand Janet they are both on face book, Cant Waite toget home and read the post properly. How
w exciting is this Andy and Paul Palmer were what we would now callhot back then
oceania

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been doing a bit more reading and some names mentioned have made me rack my brains Bill Lee and his sister Brenda are ones that spring to mind, the family moved to Laverton in Cole st. not far from where I lived in Kaye Cres. I used to hang around with Bill and Jimmy Minto. I ran into Jimmy last year in Willy he works for ICI and has a really good job. Him and Cathy moved to Bacchus Marsh and I think they are still there. Dave Duggan was in the same class as me at Willy tech and it has been some time since I have seen him. He was working around williamstown as a carpenter doing renovations and building work. we used to run into each other at the local timber yard. I also remembered the Stevenson brothers, one was bit by a snake behind the rifle range late one night checking rabbit traps with my brother Jack. (he survived) also about that time I remember a lad called Breakspear I dont know if he was on the hostel all that long. I was there from 10/10/63 till June 67. and may I say I dont think anybody lived there as long as we did, my old man was a stickler for getting up the managers nose as he was promised a housing commission house and went onto the list as soon as we got there and he would not budge till he got into one. He was also involved with that famous rent strike and I can remember standing guard at the little meeting room next to the canteen when they where doing the planning.
stribe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:48 am    Post subject: Andy Logan Reply with quote

Just came in the door and set up the computer straight away, typing will be better now, just got in touch with Janet to go onto site so she can see things, she is so excited, mentioned she went out with Andy later when she had left the hostel, I dont think they went to the UK Andy I think they went to Tasmania as I remember, I am in touch with them Daily Janet and Anne, they are great friends to have. You have a great memory, Mum and Died have passed awy due to smoking related illnesses, one with Lung Cancer and one with Emphasemia. Do you remember the Griffins, I am in touch with them a lot because they live in Brisbane and I live on the Gold Coast, looking forward to some more posts by you as it brings up more memories
oceania

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject: griffins Reply with quote

Hi Pat I do remember Doreen, I think she was abit older than me (I'm 58) and I can remember she copped no shit and you did not get on the wrong side of her as come to think of it I may have been scared of her lol ( she may want to kill me for saying that) lol Good to know Anne and Janet are still in touch with you, I can remember stealing my old mans blue Ford Prefect to drive to Altona to see Janet at all hours, I was all of 15 then and starting to go a bit wild. I used to get a hiding off the old man for using up all his petrol but it was worth it. lol Can you remember the green Rover car that my old man pranged and gave to me. I used to park it behind the toilet block and it was a great little love shack for all and sundry to use and many a romance blossomed from that car. lol I can also remember Lorraine Palmer who I think had left the hostel by the time I arrived but she befriended Carol Reggina and she used to visit often. say hello to Doreen for me and hoping she is on the mend
stormfour stormfour has been starred

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Andy,nice to have you on board,the reunion is the day before Anzac day the 24th ,that is because there is a big Melbourne Storm game being played on Anzac day,and a couple of us just HAVE to be there.I am Cliff Myers's sister and like all the other girls on the hostel,had a huge crush on Both the Logan Boys.
Hope you and Jack ( Jackie as he was known then ) can make it to the reunion,this is gonna be great,Cliff reads the site but as yet has not joined,but he is a miserable bugger and wont join in,so maybe having a couple of guys on here who he knows may help,we can but try.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Altona Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: