Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CATERING FOR REUNION
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Altona Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stormfour stormfour has been starred

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:25 am    Post subject: CATERING FOR REUNION Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,Andy has kindly offered his services to arrange for a BBQ trailer and to maybe pick up the meat as well,I am a chef and have access to all the cooking equipment we need and am able to provide bread,spreads,sauces ect.and maybe some deserts as well.
But as suggested in another thread we may be looking at a small donation from everybody who will be attending and that payment will go to Andy,so hopefully Andy can inform us of the way he would like us to pay that,my suggestion would be that he provides us all with his bank details and we can direct deposit on line and can we say that the money must be in to Andy no later than 10th April,so that he can get himself organised,and as previously suggested I think $10per person should cover it,but it is a majority decision so what do you all think?
If any of you have fold up chairs and tables that you can bring along on the day that would be great too.I am sure there will be more updates on this as the day draws closer!!
Cheers every body...we are going to have a great day
nails nails has been starred

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well everyone I was for this when it was first mentioned BUT the more I think about the more I think it might be to hard to organize.
I for one know that I know 3 families that are coming to the reunion who just read this forum but don't post, even some of them who know about it don't have a computer, they have just been told by us who have, now these people that I know have brothers sisters even parents who they are bringing along as well, SO we might never get to know how many in the end are coming, and that they might have to direct debit over the internet well some just don't know how and some just can't, SO maybe we just go back to the original idea that was suggested right at the start that day in Willy Rifle Club over lunch, that everyone just brings along a picnic lunch JUST might be the easiest way and everyone can just look out for themselves and their families, BUT please everyone have an input and lets see what everyone thinks.
Linda
caroline caroline has been starred

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya Linda, both ideas are really good,I am happy with either one of them, I suppose the one that is the easiest to organize will be the best, it is going to be a fantastic day. xxx
stribe

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am happy with anything that is going, I can do direct debit for Nora and Doreen too, of course with us coming from Queensland we have to organize everything when we get down there and are at the mercy of everyones good nature so anything that can help us is good, as we cant carry too much onto the plane,

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been talking to Andy and he is happy to get all that we need and whoever turns up on the day will be asked for a contribution,I have put my hand up for this and I will make sure that Andy is not out of pocket,he does not have to pay for his BBQ trailer so it is just the meat,and I am more than sure that there will be enough of us that are on this site now to cover the cost of that.So the plan is that we meet at the park in Willi and have our BBQ and drinks,you dont have to worry about direct debiting and stuff,and all is in hand as far as catering goes.
Susan Gillet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sure that some people will bring their own food, but those who don't can
Join in with the BBQ. I am more than happy to bring along a couple of big bowls of potato salad, and we can ask for others to make coleslaw, green salad etc. I'm also happy to bring along a dessert of some kind.
flyingscotsman danny

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:02 am    Post subject: Catering for Reunion Reply with quote

Danny here I*m with Caroline, whichever way is fine with me Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy .
nails nails has been starred

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK BBQ it is
Just need to organize some salads Sue is doing potato salad I will do coleslaw just need some one to make a green salad now Laughing Laughing Laughing any takers?????? and volanteers for desserts???? Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,Have already organised desserts !
aussietrekker aussietrekker has been starred

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll do a green salad.
Susan Gillet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to your desserts Carol.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sue ,glad to hear it,but I dont think there will be any choc/chilli for you Confused
oceania

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone I have got the trailer bbq booked and all organised for the weekend. I pick it up friday night and as monday is a puplic holiday it does not have to go back to work till tuesday morning. Also I have a trailer with a cage and have plenty of fold out tables and plastic chairs at our training venue just over the Westgate bridge in Port Melb. I can have them all loaded up on the friday night and as I have 2 vehicles at my disposal I will get my daughter to drive 1 car and trailer to Willy early on Saturday morning. I have also arranged with Jacks son in law the farmer to have all the bangers, chops, hamburgers, etc delivered to the park from the butchers shop in Werribee in a refrigerated van that will stay parked for the day. All I have to know is roughly how many people are coming and I will make sure everyone gets a feed. I will probably over order anyway and take any left home to freeze. All that would be required is for someone to pick up a heap of bread rolls and loaves that day. Now I have chatted with Carole by pm regarding her acting as treasurer on the day. So as people roll up they get their name ticked off the list pay her a donation for the day and if you have made a purchase say salads deserts butter sauce or such things all you have to do is give the receipts to Carole and that way we will be able to work out the cost for the day beforehand say $7.00 a head or something like that.
oceania

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realised that the last post here was in july last year lol
Susan Gillet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy, you are awesome.

Carol, I will suffer the lack of a good choc/chilli treat like a good sport. haha. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Altona Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: