Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cabramatta Hostel 1963 -1965

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Cabramatta Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken Lockett

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Cabramatta Hostel 1963 -1965 Reply with quote

Hello

My name is Ken Lockett. I lived on Cabramatta Hostel with my parents and sister between January, 1963, and November, 1965, when we all moved back to the UK.
I have been back to Australia four times since 1965, and everytime I find it's improved - I mean, isn't Sydney just about the best town in the world! except for Liverpool (UK) of course.
I work as an author, mostly freelance for the Aerospace Industry, thought I do other bits now and then (when I can get them I should say).
At the moment I'm working on a novel that tells the story of a migrant family to Australia during those years., basically its a story all Hostelers would understand.
For the past couple of years I've been trying to make contact with my best friend from 1965, her name was Kathy Kirwan, she lived a few huts down from ours. Kathy moved to Manly in June of that year.
If anyone lived on the Hostel during that period, and would be willing to help me with my research, I would be very gratefull.

Best wishes

Ken Lockett
stormfour stormfour has been starred

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ken
Welcome to the forum,I would love to read that book some day,and I hope you find your friend Kathy,if you know what her name is now,you may have some luck on facebook.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Cabramatta Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: