Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

food for thought(on the lighter side).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Altona Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
flyingscotsman danny

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: food for thought(on the lighter side). Reply with quote

Hi there, Danny here. I received an email a while ago from a mate, I*ll now pass it on I thought it very clever. The word ASTRONOMER when you rearrange the letters it reads MOON STARER. THE EYES when you rearrange the letters it says THEY SEE. The next one, I hope I*m not boring you yet, THE MORSE CODE becomes HERE COME DOTS. A DECIMAL POINT becomes IM A DOT IN PLACE. SLOT MACHINES-CASH LOST IN ME. and lastly ELECTION RESULTS-LIES LETS RECOUNT. All I can say is that the original thinker of these had too much time on their hands or they were deadly at scrabble. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
stormfour stormfour has been starred

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RACE CAR spelled backwards spells RACE CAR and Eat ,if you take the first letter and put it to the back spells ATE....funny that huh !!!!there are more of these little ditties around I just have to remember them..Take
the D from DEVIL and you have EVIL add an O to God and you have GOOD so there you go,maybe there was a method in the way words where put together after all Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused
aussietrekker aussietrekker has been starred

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh that's good.
Someone jumbled Britney Spears and came up with Presbyterian.
(Someone needs a life) Mr. Green
flyingscotsman danny

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 1:23 am    Post subject: food for thought continues. Reply with quote

I*m back again, that was a good one Carol but thats called a pallindrome a word thats spelled the same backwds as frdwds. That was also a good try Aussietrekker, but you can only use the letters of the word once.Here are a few more to bore you with; presbytarian = BEST IN PRAYER. Dormitory= DIRTY ROOM. Desperation=A ROPE ENDS IT. George Bush=HE BUGS GORE. Eleven plus two=TWELVE PLUS ONE. And last but not least; Snooze alarms=ALAS NO MORE Z*S. I will never again bore you with this stuff again. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes thanks Len for putting up with me.
aussietrekker aussietrekker has been starred

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, bring it on, it's educational.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Altona Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: