Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bradfield Park Hostel - Fairstar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Bradfield Park Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveO

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:04 am    Post subject: Bradfield Park Hostel - Fairstar Reply with quote

Hi, This is just to introduce myself on this forum. My Parents names are Brian and Maureen, and my sister Debbie.
Phyl Phyl has been starred
Respected Contributor:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,
My late husband Tony Hobbs was Manager in charge at Bradfield Park from late 1969, but you may have left by then.
Also glad you stayed on in Australia even though your Dad was miserable to begin with (Heathcote Rd. post) Did he settle later?
Bradfield Park closed in August 1971.
Respected Contributor:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry David it was early 1971 or very late 1970 we went to Bradfield Park Hostel so you would have been long gone. Smile
pelley

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi phyl i think tony would have known davids mum and mabe you to maureen worked in the office with the other lady cant remember her name think she lived close to the hostel she had a boy who i think used to play cricket anyway how are things going i normaly check every morning befor i go out to work to see if any thing knew happening but things have slowed down a bit but always things pop up that jolts the memory so dont forget i check every day always good to hear things from the past.
Respected Contributor:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks for that Pelley.Tony would have known her then,I don't remember her though. I should PM you with a few snippets of news re. managers.
I always look to see if your name is there when I log in, makes me feel as though someone we knew is there and that's good. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Bradfield Park Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: