Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post Reunion Venue to be confirmed
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Altona Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oceania-V

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:43 am    Post subject: Post Reunion Venue to be confirmed Reply with quote

I everyone I have called into Williamstown Bowls Club As a possible Venue for after park drinks, But this will not suit the Club as there are having a pretty busy day that day and even though the club room is very 1960's for our needs, the room will not be available. However the club suggested the Williamstown R.S.L. still on Melbourne Rd. I have called them and need to confirm the O.K. you must realise we have picked the busiest weekend of the year for them! I will post again tommorrow after speaking to Mark Mitchell.
Either way I look forward to meeting everyone, althought you must remember I was 4 when I arrived and don't remember all names.

P.S. I have scanned some pictures how do I get them on the site?

Regards

Jimmy.
oceania-V

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: New Photies from 1963 from Jim Logan Reply with quote

:grin:

Susan Gillet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fabulous photo's Jim.
oceania

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Pics Jimmy

I have not seen these photo's in a long time, are these from when your cat got locked in the cupboard all day and done a wee, pee, in there, and you had to have a bit of a clean up Ha! Ha! Poo! by the way I will get the route of the bike ride to make sure we will not be swamped out in the park and it does not stop us parking in the side street. We are gunna have a good time by hook or by crook.

Cheers Andy
Frank McManus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jim,

bizarrely, i was just lookng for u at Billy Hyde drum clinic, where i have just joined weekend warriors.

I hope u have taken up cartooning again.

Regards,

Frank McManus

Frank McManus
aussietrekker aussietrekker has been starred

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh I like the sound of that, just checked it out and it has my name on it! Would definitely join if it were in Geelong, I rarely do nights in Melbourne.
What do you play?
chris slattery

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:24 am    Post subject: first time useer Reply with quote

hello to all my name is chris slattery. my family and I lived on the hostel from 1959 to 1962 when it was called williamstown hostel. Anne Shaw put me onto this site, and I intend to come to the reunion on 24th. Can you confirm where it is? Our family consisted of my dad Chris, Mother Edna, brother Steve and sister Susan. In reading some of the posts I can relate to Jimmy Mcdonald and his older brother Jock who swam in the olympic games for Scotland. Other families from my era were the McVeighs, Riddells, De Wys (dutch) Williamsons, Brydens, Sandersons, Manns, Crawfords, Pattersons, Kilgariffs, Robertsons, Popes, Woodhams, Roly Smiths family and many more I will mention in the future. My mum worked in the canteen for years with Sarah Patterson, Edie Anderson, Big and Litlle Johnny and we all went to the North state school. Steven and I then went to Willy Tech and Susan the girls school. Not sure how this site really works yet but does anyone remember us. Chris
oceania

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris You must of left the hostel before we got there in Oct 63 and I also went to Willy Tech. My name is Andy Logan and use Oceania on here my younger bro Jim is Oceania V as he's fifth in line. The venue is the corner of The Esplanade and Giffard St ( oppisite the old changing rooms on Willy main beach) Its called L.A.Parker reserve and 11.00 am kickoff but I will be getting there much earlier to set up the bbq. You can read an up todate post on Altona / Wiltona Reunion. Glad you will be able to make it as its getting bigger by the day and should be a fantastic day, The park is alcohol free but we are all going to the RSL in Willy for drinks later, Cheers Chris look forward to meeting you. Andy
Susan Gillet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Chris, you left the hostel before we arrived in '63 but I remember your sister Susan from the girls school. My parents were very good friends with the McVeigh's.
stribe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Chris. I remember you and was dissapointed I didn't get a mention in the families you remembered. Pat Heaney. My mUm Margaret worked with your mum in the canteen. I can still remember her talking about her. I remember you sister well. I hung around with Anne and Janet. I knew Pat Mann and wish I knew where she was now. Also the Pattersons the moved to a house in Williamstown I think. Hope to see you on the day. If you know anyone else let them know
Olwen Olwen has been starred

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Chris....Iremember your family very well, your mum and dad, theMcVeigh's and us Olwen and Des Gillet knocked around together for a couple of years. Mostly dancing and movies. I also worked in the Hostel Canteen for a couple of years...

Regards OlwenG,
stribe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My mum Margaret Heaney used to talk of the McManuses all the time
stormfour stormfour has been starred

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat your Mum just like you used to speak to EVERYONE all the time Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
stribe

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so glad I take after her as I think she was great and there isn't a day I don't think of her. I hope all these people bring along some great memories as mine is not that good anymore
aussietrekker aussietrekker has been starred

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Ma was a gem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Altona Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: