Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boy Shot On Hostel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Altona Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stormfour stormfour has been starred

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:32 am    Post subject: Boy Shot On Hostel Reply with quote

Hey guys I have posted a link below,I found it while trolling around the net ( as you do ) when you go to the link it will bring up two newspaper pages,have a look at the one on the left where it says boy shot in back..I have never heard of this one,and I was wondering if any body on the forum had ?

http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1300&dat=19610213&id=QZsUAAAAIBAJ&sjid=4agDAAAAIBAJ&pg=3772,2062852
caroline caroline has been starred

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carol I remember hearing the story of the chap who got shot, What I heard was there were four fellowes shared a unit, all were from Britain and after a dance one night, there was a chap from Yugoslavia who fancied one of the girls from the hostel, but she went home with someone else, the Yugoslav chap shot one of the young Brits, but he was'nt the one who the girl went home with, they then banned Yugoslavs from the hostel, I don't know if this is the right story or not,I would be interested to know too.
oceania-V

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Younger Brother Terry and I remember when there were Yugoslavians on the Hostel we didn't know what they were but we thought they had funny shaped heads that were oval side ways so we called them salmon heads like a tin of canned salmon. I also remember a night when a woman banged on the door for help everyone was out but we let her in and went back to bed .Later I asked Dad and he said she was afraid of the storm, but she was beaten up so I didn't belive him.
She was gone the next morning.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Altona Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: