Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Irene Connolly 1965 Block 9 North

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Lost Friends:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trogg

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: Irene Connolly 1965 Block 9 North Reply with quote

Hi my name is Gaynor Richards my family and i were in Bunnerong from Feb 1960 until August 1963 and i'm looking for a lost Irish friend who left Bunnerong in 1965 heading for Canada with her family.Her name was Irene Connolly and she had a sister called Sue.I think she was 16 or 17 when she left.She lived in block 9 North with her family.Any information would be appreciated..
deniseblack

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, I dont remember your friend, but I was at Bunnerong from 1962-1964living in both 5 block and 10N......we were a family of 5 children and my younger sister Yvonne and I played for the hostel netball team and were involved in the coach accident on the return from a tournament somewhere near Cronulla I thinkk...the coach tyre blew out but it shattered the underneath of the coach and bits of metal were sprayed everywhere...we ended up at hospital in Randwick having metal taken from our legs! But we did have really good times there......I wish I was still in Oz now, but do go back every year to visit family. Only last hyear did I drive along Bunnerong Road and was sad to find that the hostel was no longer there. Hope you find your friend soon.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Lost Friends: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: