Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Memories of Wacol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kabre

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 3:35 am    Post subject: Memories of Wacol Reply with quote

Hi,
I've already posted a couple of things on here and chatted to a couple of people so I'm a bit late with this, but here goes.
My name is Kevin Brett, fathers name was Bill , an ex paratrooper and veteran of Arnhem. Mum was May, five foot tall Irish woman who would fight anybody. Two of my brothers travelled with us, Bob, he would have been about twelve and Tony (Bimbo), about ten.
We arrived in Brisbane in early June of '64 by air, luckily we were in a plane at the time Very Happy , I vomitted from India to Brisbane, that's got to be some kind of record.
If anybody has recollections, stories or photos of those days on Wacol I'd love to hear from you.
Most names escape me but some are returning. Susan Frost, Peter and Paul Lennon. Susan was the first person I remember seeing on the hostel. It was in the shop and love at first sight, come on ..... I was fourteen.
If anybody knows any of these and/or their whereabouts it would be nice to hear from you.
Cheers
Kevin
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: