Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> East Hills Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandyant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: new member Reply with quote

Hello, my name is mike. It is great to have found this site. Our family arrived in 1967 on board the Australis. I was nearly two at the time and we settled for a while at the East Hills Hostel. I will see if I can find some photos of our time there.
Phyl Phyl has been starred
Respected Contributor:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mike,
Hope you find some photos and pleased you have found this great site Len has given to us to share memories.You were probably there when we were there. :-)Also it would be great to catch up with people your parents knew. You were a little too young to remember folk Smile .
sandyant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Phyl thanks for the reply. Nice to meet you and really pleased to have found this site. Thanks to Len for a treat. I spoke with dad last night after finding the site but he is unsure of dates etc.. so I am waiting to hear from mum (they are in NSW) regarding proper dates. And also, hopefully some photos we can share. Their names are Doug and Else and us three kids, myself Mike, older brother Aidan and older sister Trish, Surname Devine. We came from Liverpool England. Dad thinks we were only there for three to six months then moved into a flat in Auburn. He and mum became good, life long friends with a couple I know as Paul and Pauline. Also going to check sailing dates as I believe we may have been on the ship with Len. All I know about the journey is that we were one of the last to go through th Suez Canal. Something like that. Love all your posts and photos. As you say Phyl, I was a bit to young for memories but it is exciting to have the hostel and yourselves as part of my past. Wish I had been old enough to share the raft adventures and the stray pets coming and going.
Phyl Phyl has been starred
Respected Contributor:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neat post Mike and hope we get to see a photo or two. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> East Hills Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: