Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brooklyn ? Hostel?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
redbloke1956

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject: Brooklyn ? Hostel? Reply with quote

Hello, my name is Kevin Dennis and I stumbled on this site by accident.
I was at the Brooklyn Hostel in the early sixties, can anyone tell me if there is a link/forum etc for people from that hostel.
Thanks in advance
Kevin
Phyl Phyl has been starred
Respected Contributor:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep checking in here .Someone may have been on the hostel where you were. Good Luck Smile
aussietrekker aussietrekker has been starred

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some Brooklyn inmates ended up in the Altona Hostel.
redbloke1956

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:54 pm    Post subject: Brooklyn Reply with quote

Thats true AussieTrekker, however we remained in Brooklyn for several years, our father was killed in an accident not long after we arrived and they allowed us to stay on until life settled a little, not sure about the exact details cos I was only 5 yo at the time.
I do remember the Kitchen/mess hall burning down though and having to go to Altona for meals for a while: My picture was in a local? or hostel? newspaper as I was helping the fire brigade/ clean up crew with the clean up (and pinching can of sardines I found in the rubble Smile )

Our mother died a few years later so I don't have a point of reference for friends etc. But I do remember someone called Danny Macshane? from the Brooklyn Hostel in case any one knows of him or family.

regards to all.
Kevin Dennis
barrybt

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we were at brooklyn hostel in 1965 i am barry lomax brother is norman two sisters called barbara and carole dad was thomas mum was freada any body on here were u at brooklyn 1965/1966 me my brother ended up working at borthwics slaughter house
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: