Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nunawading Hostel 1959 to 1962

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
old git

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:10 pm    Post subject: Nunawading Hostel 1959 to 1962 Reply with quote

Hello,
New member here
My family lived on Nunawading hostel for three years. Mick (me), Tony, Chris, Maureen and mum and dad (Frank and Cath)
We arrived on the Fair Sky...I think about March 1959.
What an experience it was living in the hut...I have many fond memories and tales to tell.
Anybody else at Nunawading during this period?
Thanks for creating this forum.
angelbeam

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Im new at this as well I too lived in the nunawading hostel as well we also came to australia on the fairsky in march 1961 we lived on the hostel for about 2yrs I was only 5yrs old when we came here byee for now Smile
Moreta

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:59 am    Post subject: New Member Nunawading resident Reply with quote

Hi I'm new here, I didn't know there was a site like this until my son told me about it, he's a student doing a doctorate involving migrants. I arrived from the UK in June 1967, aged 11, with my parents and my two younger sisters. I think we were only there a few months but I hope I come across someone else who was there at the same time. Looking forward to exploring the site and sharing stories, both good and bad!
brendan donohue

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:21 am    Post subject: nunawading 1960 Reply with quote

1960 I was eight went to school at St Johns, my mother worked in the canteen. fond memories we came on the Strathaird
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: