Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

This forum and the Dutch Fair, last weekend, March 2011.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JoopMul JoopMul has been starred

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:12 am    Post subject: This forum and the Dutch Fair, last weekend, March 2011. Reply with quote

I have admired this effort, this forum, ever since I've found it.

I have announced that,

at the annual Dutch Festival/Fair, at the Rembrandt Club,

( 87 Dunheved Circuit, St Marys Telephone: (02) 9623 2569)

I will collect email addresses to set up something similar for Dutch immigrants.

HOWEVER!!!! Why start something new when this site works perfectly!!

Will it work! Will it be a good idea to have (a) sub section(s) for the Dutch who, like me, stayed in Bonegilla, Scheyville, Villawood and Matraville, as well as the others where Dutch immigrants stayed??????

I am still not 100% sure of the best way to go about this.

I am motivated by the Scheyville Reunion, in May. When I attended the one in 2005, I saw so many groups of people enjoy meeting up again (sitting at the tables and under the trees) but no ex-Dutch. Although, I know SOME attended.

Yesterday I mentioned this at the Federation of Netherlands Societies General Meeting.

I was 12, when I was in the hostels. I'm 67 now. Time waits for no man. I would like to facilitate reunions while we can still travel to them!!! :)

Jo Mulholland (Dutch name: Joop Mul)
Chairman, D.A.C.C.

P.S.

I notice that there's Ed here, using Hollander as his nom-de-plume.
There MUST be more!

(Get directions: (please google Rembrant Club St Marys)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: