Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Crib at the AIS port kembla 1966

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ron

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:55 am    Post subject: Crib at the AIS port kembla 1966 Reply with quote

Does anybody out there know what was the name of the huge sandwich that the steelworks gave out for crib at AIS ????
Len

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ron, my father worked at the Port Kembla AIS steelworks from 1967 -1974 as a moulder. I'll ask him when I get the chance and see if he remebers.
rasherriff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:00 am    Post subject: Sandwich Reply with quote

Hi Ron my dad worked there when we arrived in 1964 for a bout 8 months. I have just emailed him to see if he knows.
maljen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject: Re: Crib at the AIS port kembla 1966 Reply with quote

Hi Ron ,I worked at AIS Port Kembla for about 10 years from 1960 served served my time there so worked many a double shift with a crib docket and one of the sandwiches you could get was a ham Dagwood big sandwich .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: