Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Local youth with whippet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Unanderra Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyboby remember a local lad that used to hang around the hostel . He was allways accompanied by his whippet dog and carried a portable radio. He seemed quite taken by poms and was allways ready to defened us if we ran into pommie bashers.
Len

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I don?t remember the lad but I must have seen him at some point. How old was he at the time Roy? Was he from Unanderra?
I must say thou, I never come across any Pom bashers while we stayed at the Hostel, but having said that, I was only around 9,10,11 years of age at that time and we didn?t venture out of the Hostel that often apart from going to school and the odd walk to a local shop in Cringilla.
Around the age 11 we seemed to venture out more and we still never came across any trouble but then again you wouldn?t at that age. hehe
Roy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I meant verbally pom bashing, I dont recall any physical stuff except for one episode at work.

The lad with the whippet lived in Unanderra and work at the soft drink factory in 5 Islands road , he was about 18 in 1967.
JACQUELINE

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roy wrote:
I meant verbally pom bashing, I dont recall any physical stuff except for one episode at work.

The lad with the whippet lived in Unanderra and work at the soft drink factory in 5 Islands road , he was about 18 in 1967.

yes I remeber him he lived down the road and had lots of brothers and sisters do you remember the girl he was seeing on the hostel
shesta

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was his name robert hill,I'm am married to him ,he owned a whippet and carried a radio and worked at his unlce's cordial factory called brough brothers.He has 2 brother's and 4 sisters.He is still in wollongong.
Roy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shesta,

Could you give give him my regards. Maybe he remembers me (Greenie ).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Unanderra Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: