Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SS Orion

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sparky1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:19 pm    Post subject: SS Orion Reply with quote

We travelled to Australia via the Suez Canal in 1959. I too remember the Gully Gully man amongst other things. The heat and cots on the deck. Men and women in different quarters on the ship. No posts from anyone on the Orion. Think it might have been it's last trip. Our family name was Money.
MackJohnP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: SS Orion final voyage Reply with quote

Hi Sparky1, the Orion did a few more years after that, with it's final voyage departing Tilbury Docks on 28 February, 1963 - that's the one I was on with my family - mum dad and six kids from Blantyre to Altona Hostel in Melbourne. I'll dig up some photos to post.
ellender family

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:11 am    Post subject: SS Orion Reply with quote

My family came out to Australia on the SS Orion may 1960. Great trip as a 10 year old.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> General Chat: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: