Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Fairy Meadow Hostel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Fairymeadow (Balgownie) Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bazaj

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:36 am    Post subject: Fairy Meadow Hostel Reply with quote

Hello
I have just found this Hotel forum what a great idea.
My family emigrated to Australia from England on the 12 th May 1966 we arrived in Sydney & was then sent to Fairy Meadow Hostel. What a shock that was to my parents. I was nearly 10 my sister nearly 5 & my brother 1 year old. My dad was at the Steelworks
We stayed there for a couple of months then moved to Montague St in Fairy Meadow where I attended the Towradgi Public School & was in year 6B that was in 1967
My parents went back to the UK 3 times/ I have only been back once that was last year in August as I am doing my family tree.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Fairymeadow (Balgownie) Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: