Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finsbury Hostel and Fishermens Bend Hostel

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Fishermans Bend Hostel:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robin Nash

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Finsbury Hostel and Fishermens Bend Hostel Reply with quote

My family arrived on the Shaw Saville Liner SS New Australia and from October 1954 to August 1955 we were on Finsbury Hostel (Section 5) in Adelaide. We then transferred to Fishermans Bend Hostel, Melbourne from August 1955 to June 1957.
I would be interested to hear from any one else who lived on either hostel at the times I was there. I have very happy memories of my childhood friends on both hostels
CatherineManning

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Finsbury hostel Reply with quote

Hi Robin,

I'm involved in a project researching South Australian hostels and we've had quite a few people who were at Finsbury contact us: http://migration.historysa.com.au/research/callouts/hostel-stories

We're working on an exhibition at the Migration Museum to open late this year, and then in 2014 we're going to host a series of 'reunion' events at the Migration Museum (and possibly other venues). At least one of the reunions will be for people who stayed at Finsbury.

If you'd like to hear more you can download our registration form from the link above, or get in touch via [email protected]

We'd love to hear from you!

Catherine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Fishermans Bend Hostel: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: