Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Photos shared by shirley Croucher: East Hills Hostel 1954-55

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> East Hills Hostel Forums:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Len

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Photos shared by shirley Croucher: East Hills Hostel 1954-55 Reply with quote

Photos shared by shirley Croucher: East Hills Hostel.

Norm Faint

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: New Year ?? Reply with quote

Hi Shirley, I hope you have my other messages. You could have knocked me over with a feather, your number 4 photo...my dad front and center (Jim Faint) mum to his rear. The 2 girls to his left...one is Pam from Heathcote Hostel, the other is you ?. For years tried to find somebody that remembered Irene Cross (E.H. Hostel), Lucy Reid or Pat Kelly from Heathcote. My sister Carol, had more friends at E.H. than I. At Heathcote mine were Peter Perkins. Tom McCue, Johnnie McCreana. Cheers for now Norm F.
1954, Cabramatta Hostel from England aboard S.S.Strathaird, followed by Matraville, Marybrinong, Broadmeadows, Williamstown, Heathcote Road and Bunnerong (various moves as dad was later in '54 engaged as a Hostel Manager.
Norm Faint

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: East Hills Hostel 1955/1956 Reply with quote

Shirley, your number 4 photo , my dad is front and center, was this a New Year Celebration at the Dining Room or RSL Club ? For years I have been trying to find 'somebody' from East Hills Hostel that may remember Irene Cross.....I know the two girls to dads left, I think one is Pam from Heathcote Hostel and the other is ?????? (you). Thanks Norm
1954, Cabramatta Hostel from England aboard S.S.Strathaird, followed by Matraville, Marybrinong, Broadmeadows, Williamstown, Heathcote Road and Bunnerong (various moves as dad was later in '54 engaged as a Hostel Manager.
Norm Faint

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Jim Faint Reply with quote

Hi Shirley, I did read another post of yours 'somewhere'. You were a good friend of dads. Do you remember what happened to Lucy Ried, I understand her brother (Gerald ?) committed suicide. The girl in the photo next to you is Pamela (?). I understand Pat Kelly married an English chap from Cabramatta Hostel, he was or later became a Policeman, would you know of her where-abouts also Irene Cross, Irene was from East Hills camp but a good friend of Rosie Aldridge. Yes dad became a Superintendant with Aboriginal Affairs in Katherine Northern Territory, later a District Welfare Officer in Katherine, Alice Springs, Gove and Darwin. At age 28 I became the Territories youngest Manager serving with Aboriginal Affairs with postings at Bagot, Garden Point, Maningrida, Wave Hill and Groote Eylandt Aboriginal Reserves. Dad must have stayed in touch with you for awhile after leaving Heathcote he moved to Bunnerong, Windsor and Point Clare then to the Territory in about 1962.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> East Hills Hostel Forums: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: