Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum
Hostels were used to accommodate new Australians. 1950's-1970's

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LOOKING FOR LOST FAMILY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Lost Friends:
View previous topic :: View next topic  
portvale

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:17 am    Post subject: LOOKING FOR LOST FAMILY Reply with quote

Hello

I am looking for lost family.

My wife was adopted in 1956 in England.

Her mother was Amy Hall and she emigrated to Sydney Australia on the ship STRATHNAVER in March 1956.

She had a daughter Carol was was aged 11 and two other family member went with them Margorie Hall my auntie, Susan Hall niece, and my two grand parents Lily & William Petty.

I would love to trace them and get in touch for the first time if this was possible.

I do not have a clue as to how to start looking for them. Could anyone offer help or advice please.

Thank you.
JohnW

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alan you could try the electoral roll. but if you don't know which state you may have to check them all.
Another option maybe try the phone book white pages sometimes the simplest way gets results. I once found an old friend in Florida just by typing his name into google it took me to a car enthusiasts site where he had posted a few comments it was that easy, good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Migrantweb.com Hostels Forum Forum Index -> Lost Friends: All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: